The Finnish Hemophilia Society (SHY) offers its members a variety of services, such as meetings, rehabilitation, a newsletter, publications and comprehensive information and education on bleeding disorders. We offer valuable peer support and events to people with bleeding disorders and their families in different stages of life.
Who can become a member of SHY:
- people who have haemophilia A or B or von Willebrand disease
- people who have deficiency of factor XII, factor XIII or other equivalent hereditary plasma coagulation disorders
- people who have other bleeding disorders
- the family members and friends of the aforementioned
- healthcare professionals
- people interested in bleeding disorders
- everyone who would like to support the organisation
Multiple members of the same family can join, of whom at least one has to be over 18 years of age. There is no membership fee for children under the age of 16. The amount of the membership fee is confirmed by the organisation’s election meeting every year. The annual membership fee is 35 euros per person starting from the beginning of 2023.
You can apply for a membership by filling out the electronic membership application form. A form has to be filled out for each separate member-to-be. After your application has been processed, you will receive material about the organisation’s activities by mail. Membership requests by email are not currently accepted.